Saturday 23 May 2015

My scan Images




Above is a link to view a few of my scan images that I can see an abnormality on the vertebral around V3 level at the atlas loop.  Two Interventional Radiologists from New York and India have reported on my scans.  Another doctor from Florida suggested a healed vertebral artery dissection where a haematoma has penetrated the three layers of the artery and created a double lumen of the artery which basically means the artery has two channels at a small part of the artery at the back of the atlas loop where blood flow is being pushed through both channels.  I now understand why I am hearing the turbulent rhythmic sound in my head, its due to the blood flow,  I can imagine if a hose had water pumping through it and the hose split into two channels and then met up again then the sound would be turbulent.

I believe my symptoms are real and of someone who has experienced a VAD. I can see the images are showing evidence of a VAD.  The NHS (National Health Service) do not agree and state my MRA scan is normal.  My Neurologist Dr Tyagi stated to me and Mr Wanderer that the scan has picked up something that is not there and that the scan is normal.  I have unfortunately lost trust in all of these doctor's who have constantly closed doors and not allowed proper investigations to take place when I first presented.  My MRA was arranged by myself two years after my symptoms started as my GP would not refer me to Neurology.

While I have researched constantly on my symptoms I won't stop until I have definite answers.  I speak with so many sufferers who are experiencing pulsatile tinnitus and many do indeed receive a diagnosis.  It takes an astute doctor to question what their patient is presenting with, unfortunately for the rest of us our doctor's put us into the tinnitus bracket even though we explain a baby ultrasound rhythmic sound in time with the pulse.  There are many doctors who will also agree that their patient is suffering from pulsatile tinnitus and believe it needs no medical work up as they assume it is normal tinnitus which simply pulses.  This is a myth and after searching through hundreds of medical reports of which I would say 80% were all blood flow restrictions within the head and the other 20% were tumors.  I came across an extensive list of possible causes of pulsatile tinnitus.  A few of which were Carotid Dissection, Vertebral Dissection, Aneurysm in the arteries and veins, Dural Arteriovenous Fistula, Stenosis of the sigmoid and transverse sinuses (veins leading to the jugular) Ateriovenous Malformation, Temporal bone defects, Superior Canal Dehiscence & High riding jugular bulb.  The most important thing to remember is most of these causes can be diagnosed and can be treated.  Doctor's need to realise that any small stenosis either in the veins or arteries carries a risk of stroke.  I would immediately think that doctor's would want to investigate pulsatile tinnitus symptoms when any of their patients present with it.

It leads me to question how much training are GP's in the UK given on tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus?  Surely with advancing medicine refresher courses and on going training would cover pulsatile tinnitus.  And finally PULSATILE TINNITUS IS NOT TINNITUS  My acronym suits this condition perfectly which is RATS.  Rhythmic Arteriovenous Tinnitus Sounds!  When a patient presents with RATS a GP should ask the patient to take their pulse with three fingers on their wrist and see if the sound in their head matches what they feel on their wrist, another option is to ask the patient to tap out the rhythm with a finger on the desk.

All for now Whirring Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment