Tuesday 16 May 2017

May 2017 Update

I received a letter back in March giving me two weeks notice for my return appointment in London. Fortunately Mr Wanderer and I managed to arrange time off work and travelled down. I attended the hospital between 27th-31st March. I'd class this visit as organised chaos. I logged each day in my diary. On the 27th I arrived and was booked in and taken for a blood test. I then met with a female registrar who takes some notes. I was told Dr Matharu had yet to receive information and scans from Scotland. This was my second time travelling to London and the doctors had still not reviewed my scans.  After a wait I was invited back in to speak with Dr Matharu and the registrar, Dr Matharu said there would be no problem as they were doing a scan in my time there. I wasn't happy about this and I offered to loan them my copies which I had taken with me as I had a feeling my scans wouldn't have been received. My discs were taken away and copied, I was told here was an issue with one disc my Mra from 2014.  I asked what the issue was but no one told me. I said I would post another copy down. (I posted another copy on the 7th April with details) I also included a letter of some of my concerns.  On the Wednesday 29th I met with Dr Matharu and he said if anything at all was found on my scans he would let me know immediately when I got home by telephoning, he said it would take around 3 weeks.

During my time in London, I had two injections, a blood test, an ecg, a brain scan and a visit to a Neurotolgist who said I had a balance issue. I received a letter two weeks later from him which stated visual vertigo was his diagnosis.


I am still waiting on the opinion and results of my scans from Dr Matharu after reviewing and comparing my old and new scans.


Your still Whooshing & Whirring friend

No comments:

Post a Comment